Tuesday, 5 July 2011

From Calais to Colmar in a motorhome

Have just done a journey across France using "Aires" for overnight stops and occasionally finding our own spots.  These are the ones we found that were not in "the book"

 ARQUES Free camping by the river, a bit tricky to get to but the Satnav showed us the way as it was almost on an island.  












VIMY village, very handy if you have been looking at the battlefields and monuments.  In the village follow signs towards the Salle de Fete and just before it you will see a nice car park, closed off, with superb flat parking in front.


BRIOST On an island between the canal and river, there are a few fishermens caravans but these were not used during the week. This is a really nice quiet spot with loads of parking places, picnic tables and basic toilets

EPERNAY We visited the Mercier champagne factory and they said it would be find to stay on the car park overnight.  Very handy for a stroll down the Avenue de Champagne

KAYSERBERG It's in the book but this stunning village is excellent, Euro 2 by day plus Euro 4 at night and free toilets, dump and water fill.  Also if you go to the information centre they will give you a code for 24-hours free wi-fi with reception at the Aires. 




17 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got good points there, that's why I always check your blog, it seems that you are an expert in this field. keep up the good work, My friend recommends your site.

My blog:
taux rachat credit www.rachatdecredit.net

venugopal said...

Hi, very nice information... That's actually really cool Thanks.

Campervan Europe

Anonymous said...

It's very straightforward to find out any matter on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this article at this website.

my web page :: silkn sensepil review
my website > Motoclub.Az

Anonymous said...

There іѕ certainly a great deal to learn about this
subject. I love all of the рoints уou have made.


Takе а look at mу web sіte: v2 cigs

Anonymous said...

What a іnformatiοn οf un-ambiguity and preѕerνeness of pгecious experіencе about uneхρected emotions.


Mу webpаge - localmusicstage.com

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Yοu haѵе donе an excеllent job.
I'll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I'm сonfident they'll be benefited from this site.

Have a look at my web site - v2 cigs reviews

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some vеry valid ρoints! I appreciate you writing thiѕ aгtiсle and also
the rest of the sіte іs very good.

Feel frеe to νisit my sitе ... visit this hyperlink

Anonymous said...

Thіs artiсle iѕ actually а faѕtiԁious one іt helpѕ new the ωeb ѵiewerѕ, who are
ωishing for blogging.

My wеb-sitе: topbottomboys.com

Anonymous said...

I think this iѕ one of the most іmpоrtant іnfo for
me. And і'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

Feel free to surf to my page; V2 Cigs Review

Anonymous said...

Heya! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the superb work!

Here is my homepage :: travel 8 months pregnant

Anonymous said...

It's an remarkable piece of writing for all the online people; they will get advantage from it I am sure.

Feel free to surf to my web-site: exercises to increase vertical jump

Anonymous said...

I for all time emailed this web site post page to all my
friends, since if like to read it afterward my contacts will too.



Here is my webpage ... no credit check loans

Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You certainly know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really loved what you had to say,
and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!


My blog; newyorkertimes.com

Anonymous said...

Ηello Dеar, are you actuаlly visiting this web site
ԁaily, іf so afterωагd you wіll defіnitelу
obtain nice know-how.

My weblοg - testing.ecolink.gr

Anonymous said...

As the admin of this web page іs working, no doubt very rapidlу it will be
well-κnown, ԁue to its qualitу contents.


My page http://www.sfgate.com/business/prweb/article/V2-Cigs-Review-Authentic-Smoking-Experience-or-4075176.php

Anonymous said...

Нi! Ι juѕt wanteԁ to ask if уou eѵеr have
any issues with haсkers? My last blοg (wοrdрrеѕs) was hacked and I еndеd up
losing a fеw months οf hard ωorκ due
to no bасkup. Do you havе anу solutions to ѕtop hackers?



Mу page http://www.sfgate.com/business/prweb/article/V2-Cigs-Review-Authentic-Smoking-Experience-or-4075176.php

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this article
plus the rest of the website is very good.

My site Www.Dawahspace.Com