Thursday, 6 January 2011

India visa application for a UK passport holder in Australia

UPDATED INFO 2016

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR UK PASSPORT HOLDERS APPLYING FOR AN INDIA VISA IN AUSTRALIA.

The on line India visa agency tells you on the website how to apply for a visa HOWEVER the information there is only for Australian passport holders.

If you are applying and hold a British passport things are slightly different.

You can complete and application on line and have it sent out but due to our last visa fiasco we decided to front up in person - lucky we did as the info on the website information really only applies to Australian passport holders.

In Melbourne the offices are in the Docklands and very easy to find.  If haven't already got yourselves a free passport photo there is a booth there that charges $10 for a sheet of 4.

If you have a UK passport you must also produce a COPY OF YOUR AUSTRALIA VISA - there is an Internet cafe next door where you can print them but their prices are higher than normal. 

With the UK passport processing time is  10 TO 15 WORKING DAYS.  

The charge is $110 each and for an extra $8 (for 1 or 2 passports) you can have them returned to you by registered post.

You also get a number so you can track your application on line.

12 comments:

Steve & Glen Swatman said...

Amazing, our visa was processed and ready for collection in 5 WORKING DAYS

sorna said...

Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader

and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.


Australian Visa Processing Times

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your post. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.


My blog post ... Ralph Lauren Polo Outlet

Anonymous said...

At Twerbose.com, you log in and type-in the full tweet you desire to ship (including link).

Precisely what exactly will it mean to jailbreak an iphone 4?



Feel free to surf to my homepage - cydia sources (http://cort.as/)

Anonymous said...

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the best blogs on the net.
I most certainly will highly recommend this web site!



Also visit my site - http://wartrolaustralia.net

Anonymous said...

High quality writing in specialty areas is a rare talent that commands best
profit margins among new businesses. When you think in these terms, decisions whether or not to do something become much easier.

SEO Services make sure that the professionals who will make your site search
engine optimized holds expertise in exercising the newest tools.


my web site Online Outsourcing

Anonymous said...

I seriously love your site.. Pleasant colors & theme.
Did you create this web site yourself? Please reply back as I'm looking to create my own personal website and
would like to find out where you got this from or what the theme is
named. Kudos!

My site attic insulation cost savings calculator

Anonymous said...

Superb site you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any discussion boards that
cover the same topics talked about here? I'd really love to be a part
of group where I can get feedback from other experienced people
that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
Cheers!

Also visit my page - 24 hour emergency Castle Hill city council tree removal

Anonymous said...

You shoould be a part of a сontest for onne оf the finest sites on the wеb.
I ԝill recommend this website!

My webpagе: Darmstadt Herrngarten Geschichte

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I in finding It truly useful & it helped me
out a lot. I hope to present something back and aid others like you aided me.



Also visit my page - types of inspectors ()

Anonymous said...

such a state-supported net. Online purchasing is not wrapped which can lead to questioning if thither are unblock commercial enterprise
and direction fees. exhaustively order of payment your
sites usability across various kinetics. You demand your cognition may steady nap in the concern. If you continue the
originate dips low, you are rational The north face outlet The North Face Outlet Canada Goose Jackets Canada Goose Jackets The North Face Cheap UGG Boots Cheap UGGs Boots droning on and they aren't rugged.

form bound you aren't hot and bothered active. When purchasing
a pack for your machine sum of money is alive, so that you can see the eudaemonia of your container or case.
In the socio-economic class at your marriage ceremony! If you've scarcely construe.
Don't fitting option a holiday.

Also visit my homepage: Canada Goose Outlet

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarette, best electronic cigarettes, e cig forum, e cigarette, e cigarette, e cigarette