Friday, 7 May 2010

A visit to Dr Death the dentist

Having just completed dental treatment in Hungary I can confirm it is of good quality and the price is right, even though we were treated by Dr Toth - the Hungarian word for death!



The main reason for coming to Hungary was that I needed at least 2 crowns replacing and knew that in England the price would be £200 - £300 each.  A very different story here.

My CROWNS were done during 3 appointments, the first to remove old crowns, clean the area and make moulds, the second to try the new crown base and the 3rd to fit the newly enameled crown.  All 3 appointments took place within a week.  Total cost HUF 16.000 (£ 52).

I also needed a filling and out of vanity opted for a white one. This was applied with great care in thin layers came out at HUF 6,000 (£19), better still the enamel was taken over the rest of the tooth giving a completely invisible filling.

Hubby Steve is not so vain so he just had the silver one for HUF 3,000 (£9.50).

At the end of the treatment we both had clean and polish at no extra charge.

With out return flights costing £62 each with Wizz Air and friends to stay with it has given us a "free" 12 day holiday into the bargain

 

,

3 comments:

Ruth and Tony said...

Glen, in Australia that treatment would cost $1000's. The UK price sounds good to me and Hungary sounds brilliant. Lots of people from Australia go to Bali and Thailand for their dental treatment.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to diappoint you, but the hungarian word "Tóth" is one of the most common family names in Hungary, and yes, it's quite similar to the german world tot, but instead death, the Tóth means "slovakian". The hungarian word for death is halál...

Anonymous said...

My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on numerous websites for
about a year and am concerned about switching
to another platform. I have heard great things about blogengine.net.

Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into
it? Any help would be really appreciated!


Also visit my blog post: how to become a home inspector ()