Wednesday, 23 December 2009

CRUISE - All aboard

We are now on the 3rd day of our Antarctic cruise, haven't been sick yet but suspect we will be soon.

Been kept busy checking out all the facilities on board.    Went up to the gym and did a cruise start weigh in.






Steve had a go on the jogging machine to get fit for his next chase!

We like to participate in the fun games, boules and mini golf and with Steve's handicap I did rather better than him but lost out on the prize by coming second.







At formal night I managed to look the part by putting together

seperates from my minimal collection of clothing.  The flimsy red

scarf spread wide made a reasonable shawl. 





 
 
 
 
 
 
Today arriving in Puerto Montt the sea was rough and it was windy and raining so tendering ashore was long winded. 

We don't like to do the organised ship tours.  They are expensive and everywhere you go you are in a group of tourists.  On previous cruises we have had great success by arranging to meet up with someone from one the hospitality clubs.  Unfortunately today when we called our Hospitality Club friend in Puerto Varas he couldn't help due to a last minute meeting. 

Normally we would just hop on local buses but it was raining "perro y gatos" so we waded back to the port to check out other options.  Whilst comparing prices for chartering a taxi we figured it would be good to find another couple to share with us.

An American couple had just turned down a rental car at $80.  We suggested the possibility of getting together to rent one and asked if he was going to put the car on his credit card.  A friend told us that many cards include rental car insurance and this was the case and the rental price without insurance was $60.

Mike was a very confident driver and soon had us out of the city heading towards the lake.  Frutiller is a pretty German style town on the lake with fine views towards Volcano Osorno.  Well we did see the houses but had to imagine the view!  Puerto Varas was much the same so not the greatest trip but a pleasant ride out.

Our extras were a couple of road tolls $2 and petrol $1.40 so at just over $30 per couple a far cheaper option than the similar trip offered by the cruise at $74 per person and we saw just as little as they did!

TIPS

Check whether your credit card includes car rental insurance

When renting a car take lots of digital photos of it before you set out especially close ups of an damage and make sure the rental company see you doing this.

I HAVE FOUND SOME GREAT WEB SITES BY CLICKING ON THE GOOGLE LINKS BELOW EACH ENTRY. IF THERE ARE ARROWS AT THE BOTTOM YOU CAN USE THEM TO SEE MORE ADVERTS

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is really a great and helpful piece of information.
I am glad that you just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us
up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.


Have a look at my web site - http://Www.psygrid.org/

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a clear explanation of the issues.

It was definitely informative. Your website is very
helpful. Thank you for sharing!

Take a look at my website quirky Jewellery

Anonymous said...

It's the best time to make some plans for the longer term and it's time to be happy.

I have read this put up and if I could I wish to counsel you
some fascinating issues or advice. Perhaps you could write subsequent
articles relating to this article. I wish to read even more issues approximately it!


My blog: Dominos 2 For 1 vouchers

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
I'll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I'm quite certain I will learn plenty of new stuff right here!

Best of luck for the next!

Also visit my webpage: certified management accountant salary

Anonymous said...

I do not even understand how I ended up right here, however
I assumed this publish used to be good. I don't understand who you might be but certainly you're going to a
well-known blogger if you aren't already. Cheers!

Also visit my page - bestventureinc.Com

Anonymous said...

you're actually a excellent webmaster. The site loading speed is amazing. It seems that you're doing any
distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterwork. you have done a
fantastic process on this subject!

Check out my website: quirky Jewellery uk

Anonymous said...

Thanks for every other excellent article. The place else
may just anybody get that kind of information in such
a perfect means of writing? I have a presentation
subsequent week, and I am at the look for such information.


Feel free to visit my site; Dominos 2 for 1 vouchers

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs really nice,
keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the future. All the best

Also visit my weblog :: fashion Jewellery Online

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I simply wish to offer you a huge thumbs up for your great
information you have got right here on this post.

I am returning to your website for more soon.


my webpage: uk Freebies

Anonymous said...

It's actually a cool and useful piece of information. I'm
satisfied that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us
up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

my webpage: Care home Management

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here different page and thought I may
as well check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking at your web page for a second time.

Visit my page - Forensic Accountant salary

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another informative website. The place else may I am getting that type
of info written in such an ideal manner? I have
a undertaking that I am simply now running on, and I have been at the glance
out for such info.

Also visit my weblog :: Dominoes Uk Vouchers

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a
little lost on everything. Would you propose
starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?

There are so many choices out there that I'm totally confused .. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Here is my site; care home excellence

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely helpful and it has
helped me out loads. I am hoping to contribute &
assist other users like its aided me. Good job.


Stop by my blog post Dominos tuesday

Anonymous said...

Hey! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?
My website discusses a lot of the same topics as yours
and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other. If you're interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!

my blog post; Cpa Accountant Salary

Anonymous said...

After I initially commented I appear to have
clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added-
checkbox and from now on every time a comment is
added I receive 4 emails with the exact
same comment. Is there a way you are able to remove me from that service?

Thanks!

Visit my webpage - Healthcare consultancy

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide
credit and sources back to your blog? My blog site is in the very
same niche as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from some of the information you present here.
Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks!



Here is my weblog; dominoes

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was entirely right.
This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply
how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!


Look into my blog post - new look discount code

Anonymous said...

Great article! That is the type of information that are supposed to
be shared across the internet. Shame on Google for no longer positioning this put up higher!
Come on over and talk over with my web site . Thank you =)

Review my website: latest dominos Pizza vouchers

Anonymous said...

It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy.
I've read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!

my webpage :: promotional codes

Anonymous said...

Wonderful web site. Plenty of helpful info here.

I'm sending it to a few pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks in your sweat!

my page; magic freebies uk

Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was extremely enlightening.
I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this
article together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and leaving
comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!

Here is my webpage; http://doli.biz

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?
My website addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each
other. If you're interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!

My page maths tuition oxford